Sunday, June 5, 2016

Reflection Time

The word reflect, taken as a verb, simply means to think, ponder, meditate.  As we get ready to close out another school year, it's a great time for reflection.  How long will it be before we will truly take the time to reflect on this past year?  For me, it happens over and over again.  It will happen during the final days, and throughout the summer.  My reflection will happen over time, in fleeting moments, over the course of hours, days and even weeks.  So, I offer a bit of an ode to reflection...please feel free to add on...

Time to reflect....
As the year winds down and then quickly back up again...
I hope I'll be able to really reflect...
Reflect on what went well, and what didn't...
Reflect on what students learned, and what I learned...
Reflect on how I understood students, and how they understood me...
Reflect on learning opportunities that made a difference, and those that didn't...
Reflect on great books I read to others, and great books I read myself...
Reflect on time that was well spent, and time that was wasted...
Reflect on new connections that were made, and old ones that need to be nurtured...
Reflect on tears cried over happiness, and tears cried over disappointment...
Reflect on weekends consumed with work, and weekends celebrated with loved ones...
Reflect on long days, and short nights...
Reflect on meaningful conversations with colleagues, and opportunities for discussion I wish I had taken...
Reflect on how students grew, and how I grew...
Reflect on assessments valued, and assessments wasted...
Reflect on systems built, and systems buried...
Reflect on shared smiles and laughter, shared tears and sadness...
Reflect on new beginnings...

No comments:

Post a Comment